Lecture capture is already an important component of classroom technology at USciences. Lecture capture allows instructors to record what happens in their classrooms and make it available electronically through our LMS. We use Mediasite in the major lecture halls. This Webinar is on using Panopto to capture video, audio, and your desktop computer screen (e.g., web sites, applications, PowerPoint slides). The big difference is that we now have a license to use Panopto in any classroom not served by Mediasite. You can even create learning modules in the comfort of your own office.
Lecture capture systems offer important benefits:
* an alternative when students miss class
* an alternative when the instructor misses class
* an opportunity for students to review course content
* a way to create content for hybrid or online courses
Educational Objectives: Learn ...
* Overview of Panopto, including two types of recorders (5 min)
* Download Panopto Recorder from Angel (5 min)
* Record screencast and Powerpoint presentation (10)
* Panopto Editor (15 minutes)
* Q&A (10 minutes)
Tune in and win a Logitech USB Headset.
Academic Tech Webinar: Adding Panopto Recordings to Angel
Friday, April 22, 2011
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer