Lecture capture is already an important component of classroom technology at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy. Lecture capture allows instructors to record what happens in their classrooms and make it available electronically through our Angel LMS. We use Mediasite in the major lecture halls to capture high quality video of the instructor and everything that is projected in class, including the instructors desktop computer screen (e.g., web sites, applications, PowerPoint slides), document camera output or hand-writing on the interactive podium display.
Lecture capture systems offer three important benefits:
- an alternative when students miss class
- an opportunity for course content review
- and content for online course development.
- lecture capture enhances existing instructional activities
- lecture capture improves student performance, satisfaction and retention
- faculty may alter their lecture style to improve the learning experience
- faculty or staff may edit lectures before they are released
- students view captured lectures
Date: Friday, February 12
Time: 12 Noon to 1 P.M.
Place: Your Desktop